There are so many different nutritional supplements on the market today that it can be difficult to decide which ones you should be taking.
As you know, supplementing and diet are both very important to me.
7 years ago I had massive pain and inflammation throughout my body.
I was working on a computer all day, so it showed up the worst in my arms and hands.
For 2 years I had to use a voice dictation software because the pain in my arms and hands was too much after typing only a few sentences. And doctors could not figure out what was wrong with me.
I felt completely helpless.
Solutions to my problems didn’t come from doctors, prescription drugs, or surgery.
They came from changing what I was putting into my body.
Once I started changing what I put into my body, everything started to change.
Based on the years of research and learning I have committed to keeping myself and my family healthy and operating as Peak Performers, here are the top 10 supplements I recommend to my own family (Note: ideally you would get a blood test but most people do not. Without blood test results these are the top 10 I recommend for most people. Also, note that I am not a doctor so you should consult your doctor if you have any issues).
Following the list, you will find a detailed description of each supplement and why you should add them to your nutrient routine:
2. C8 MCT Oil
3. Vitamin D+K
4. Krill Oil or Fish Oil
6. Restore for Gut Health
7. Vitamin C
8. Multi Collagen Protein Powder (if over 30 years old)
9. Zinc with Copper
10. Organic Reds
Restore for Gut Health and Krill or Fish Oil we do not currently produce, so I will give you my recommended sources that I personally buy from for these products that I take myself and recommend to my family.
The other 8 of these 10 products we offer with what I believe are the highest quality formulations at www.BuyPeakPerformance.com
1. Organic Greens - Whether you follow Vegan, Paleo, Keto, or any other diet, organic greens are a vital part of your nutrition. While just about everyone knows how healthy and nutritious greens are, most people don't eat enough of them. That's why our Organic Green Superfood Powder is a GREAT supplement for most people. Just 1 scoop into a smoothie or a glass of water each day provides 25+ cleansing, alkalizing, farm-fresh nutrient-rich organic greens, wholesome fruits, and veggies.
2. C8 MCT Oil - Medium-Chain Triacylglycerols are healthy fats that are good for our body and good for our brain. Studies have shown that MCT oil can aid in a weight loss program. This oil is easily turned into energy that can readily be used by the brain. C8 is the highest quality and most pure MCT Oil, making it the easiest to digest. Since our brains are mostly made of fat, I take this to give me mental energy and to ensure my brain stays on top of its game.
3. Vitamin D+K - Vitamin D helps regulate many functions in the body. It promotes calcium absorption and can strengthen bones, reducing the risk of osteoporosis. Vitamin D also helps our neurological and muscular function, boosting how we feel mentally and physically. Vitamin D supports a healthy immune system and muscle function. It can be especially helpful in our respiratory and cardiovascular health. Since we synthesize Vitamin D when we are exposed to the sun, it is especially important to make sure you supplement during the winter months, or if you spend most of your day indoors, as most of us do.
It is important to take Vitamin K in combination with Vitamin D, as Vitamin D promotes the production of certain proteins, which are Vitamin K-dependent.
4. Krill Oil or Fish Oil - Both krill oil and fish oil contain the omega-3 fats EPA and DHA. These fatty acids can help reduce cholesterol and triglycerides in your blood and improve circulation. Krill Oil in particular contains astaxanthin, which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. These anti-inflammatory properties reduce joint pain and can reduce the risk of arthritis. (I currently recommend Nordic Naturals Fish Oil or Bulletproof Krill Oil).
5. Magnesium - Magnesium takes part in more than 600 reactions in your body. For example, it helps convert food into energy, create new proteins from amino acids, create and repair DNA and RNA, and regulate neurotransmitters, which send messages throughout your brain and nervous system. Magnesium also aids in the contraction and relaxation of muscles.
Studies suggest that about 50% of people in the US and Europe do not get the necessary amount of Magnesium. It plays a large role in exercise performance by transporting blood sugar to your muscles and removing lactate, which builds up during exercise, causing fatigue. It can also lower your blood pressure and has anti-inflammatory benefits as well.
Restore™ for Gut Health - The gut is a complex microbiome that needs to be in balance. The gut is the origin of many mental, immune, and functional issues in the body. RESTORE balances your gut, strengthens your respiratory system, boosts your immune system, and can support brain clarity. This product is focused on shifting an unhealthy microbiome, something most people try to solve with pre and probiotics. Fossilized soil from Post-Dinosaur, Pre-Human Earth is the secret behind RESTORE and
creates a connection between the bacteria in our gut, mitochondria, and our cells. (Recently changed the name from Restore to Ion Biome https://ionbiome.com/ )
Vitamin C - If the immune system is mentioned, Vitamin c is probably the first thing that pops into your mind. But did you know that it is actually involved in many other body functions? This includes the formation of collagen, absorption of iron, skin health, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth, among others. Most Vitamin C supplements use synthetic, unnatural formulas, and fillers that may increase the risk of poor absorption and ineffective results. At Peak Performance our
ingredients are sourced entirely from the USA and derived from REAL Raw Whole Food Acerola Cherry - with a blend of over 25 organic vegetables and fruits for maximum absorption and effectiveness.
8. Multi Collagen Protein Powder (for people over 30) - Collagen is a structural protein. This means it maintains the structure and integrity of your skin, muscle tissue, bones, and tendons. Collagen production declines as we age, but it is important to supplement collagen while you’re young. Collagen supports brain function, promotes heart health, gut function, and joint health. It also keeps your skin and nails healthy and strong.
9. Zinc with Copper - Zinc is necessary for the function of about 100 enzymes. It plays a role in immune function, protein synthesis, wound healing, DNA synthesis, and cell division. A recent analysis of several studies suggests that zinc can reduce the duration of a cold by a full day while reducing symptoms.
It is important to supplement your zinc with a sufficient amount of copper. High zinc intakes can inhibit copper absorption, sometimes producing copper deficiency and associated anemia.
10. Organic Reds - Organic Reds Superfood Powder along with your Organic Greens is a great way to ensure that you’re covering all the bases of your daily nutrition. Health experts commonly recommend you eat all colors of the rainbow with your fruits and vegetables, and now you can. These Reds are full of polyphenols and antioxidants for maximum energy, anti-aging, and a healthy muscular and cardiovascular system. It also helps regulate a strong digestive system.
I hope you understand how passionate I am about helping you improve your health through a strong nutrient routine. If you have ANY questions, and if I can help you in your quest to become a Peak Performer in ANY way, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
We’ve all experienced pain, but how much of it is physiological and how much of it is psychological? I’m asking this question because I recently had a really bad bout with pain and it reminded me about the work of Dr. John Sarno. Dr. John Sarno did a ton of research around the Mindbody Connection. He started his career as a regular doctor, assessing physical trauma and prescribing pain meds or surgery as needed. All was well until he realized that his patients didn’t always get better after the initial issue was treated.
Have you ever found yourself standing in front of the meat section at the grocery store wondering if that package labeled “grass-fed beef” was worth the higher price tag?
Let’s explore the distinctions between grass-fed beef and conventional beef, whether or not grass fed can make a difference when it comes to your health, and how to choose the best meat for you and your family.